Accident on Interstate 15
A fully loaded semi-trailer will probably be more than 70 feet in length and weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. If it impacts with a passenger vehicle on Interstate 15 at highway speeds, the results are likely to be devastating.
What to Do
Severe injuries and fatalities can result from a semi-trailer crash. You’ll need all of the help that you can get right away. Here’s what you need to do:
- Call 911 immediately and ask that police and paramedics be dispatched to the scene.
- After paramedics stabilize your condition, ask to be transported to the nearest emergency room for care and treatment. Your injuries will be documented there.
- Notify your insurer that you were in an accident. You have a duty to cooperate with your own insurer.
- Don’t give any information or a statement about the accident to the opposing insurer. It will only try to use any information that it gets from you against you in the future.
- Don’t provide it with a medical authorization either.
- Contact the Provo Utah truck accident lawyers at Howard Lewis & Petersen as soon as possible to arrange for a consultation.
Contact Us Instead
Arizona law doesn’t require you to help the opposing insurance company prepare its defense against your personal injury claim. That’s why you should just politely refuse to give the opposing insurer any information. Rather than helping the opposing insurer, you can contact us to arrange for a free and confidential consultation and case evaluation with the Provo Utah truck accident lawyers here at Howard Lewis & Petersen. You can tell us what happened and how it happened, and we promise to answer your questions too. After that, we’ll be pleased to discuss all of your legal options with you.
No matter what that opposing insurance company says, don’t give it a statement or medical authorization. If we’re retained to represent you, we’ll take control of your case for you. You’ll never hear from that insurance company again. Our objective is to obtain the maximum compensation that you deserve from any settlement or award.